Our Positive Handling blended Learning course comprises of an online theory session followed by a 3-hour practical session at your school, saving you time and giving you the comfort of learning at your own pace.
- Saves you time.
- No need to pay for staff cover.
- Your staff receive learning resources to refer to BEFORE their training event.
- All the benefits of a day training condensed into a SINGLE TWILIGHT session.
- Great for busy teachers and they can learn at your own pace.
Save time and allow your staff to expand their knowledge through our unique blended learning option. All of the theoretical information is provided prior to the physical session in the form of a learning pack including pdf documents, e- book, e-presentation and audio presentations. Staff complete their study in their own time prior to our trainer visiting your school to deliver the practical session run over only 2.5 – 3 hours!
When a member of school staff makes the decision to use a physical intervention with a pupil it is essential that they are clear on the justification for their intervention. This is the focus of our training and advice, good decision-making based on the current guidance.
Topics covered on your course
- The Law and in relation to the use of physical force for the purpose of controlling and restraining pupils.
- The relevant Sections of the Education and Inspections Act 2006 in relation to the use of force to control and restrain children.
- The recent Guidance for Schools in England issued in 2011 and 2012.
- How to minimise the risk of death by positional asphyxia and the risk of injury to staff and children.
- The Health and Safety.
- What techniques should not be used, consistent with guidance.
- How to apply the appropriate physical skills competently for the purpose of controlling a violent child.
If you’d like more information about our Positive Handling course and what’s involved, visit www.positivehandling.education
CALL US NOW on 0845 5480521 to help us better understand your EXACT training needs or email on firstname.lastname@example.org