When a member of school staff makes the decision to use a physical intervention with a pupil it is essential that they are clear on the justification for their intervention. Therefore this is the focus of our Positive Handling training and advice, good decision-making based on the current guidance.
Positive Handling Training | Topics covered
- The Law and in relation to the use of physical force for the purpose of controlling and restraining everyone.
- The relevant Sections of the Education and Inspections Act. 2006, in relation to the use of force to control and restrain children.
- The recent Guidance for Schools in England issued in 2011 and 2012.
- How to minimise the risk of death by positional asphyxia and the risk of injury to staff and children.
- The Health and Safety.
- What techniques should not be used, consistent with guidance.
- How to apply the appropriate physical skills competently for the purpose of controlling a violent child.
Our Positive Handling Training reduces injury risk, improves inspection compliance and safeguards staff, children and your school’s reputation. We are an “Institute of Conflict Management Quality Award Centre” for the delivery of conflict and interventions training.
Choose from a standard 1-day course on an INSET day or a blended/twilight short course which leverages our Blended training system. We also offer training for Special Schools or those who look after children with SEND by blending communication and de-escalation tactics, with the appropriate last-resort physical alternatives.
Highly relevant Positive Handling Training for your staff at your school or service, on dates of your convenience.
If you’d like more information about our Positive Handling Training course and also what’s involved, please visit www.positivehandling.education
CALL US NOW on 0845 5480521 to help us better understand your EXACT training needs. Also, you can find us on email@example.com